Installing Filemaker ODBC Drivers

This topic is 5173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to install the Filemaker ODBC drivers to a computer that will be trying to access my Filemaker server via ODBC. I am following the instructions to a "T" but all of my drivers are .bundle packages, which I have no idea how to install.

The Filemaker instructions it says;

1. Do one of the following: 1 If you received your software electronically, double-click the disk image icon (.dmg file). 1 If you have an installation disk, insert the disk into the drive.

2. In the FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server window, double-click the xDBC folder. 3. In the xDBC folder, double-click the ODBC Client Driver Installer folder.

Chapter 3 | Installing FileMaker ODBC client drivers 17

18 FileMaker ODBC and JDBC Guide

4. In the ODBC Client Driver Installer folder, double-click FileMaker ODBC.mpkg. The FileMaker ODBC Driver Installer opens.

However there is no installer inside of my install CD and instead there is a .bundle file there with the name of the ODBC driver. How do I install a .bundle package?

It sounds like you are reading the documentation for FM 11, but you are using the CD for FM 10 (or earlier). Is that the case?

The instructions changed for FM 11, so if you need to use the FM 10 drivers, you should use the installation documentation on the FM 10 CD.

Jonathan Monroe

Actual Technologies - ODBC for Mac OS X

www.actualtech.com

Well, I figured it out, but now I have another question. I'm trying to install the Filemaker ODBC drivers onto a Windows Machine with XP SP3 installed. Unfortunately it's telling me that the MDAC 2.8 ODBC drivers are already part of the SP3 install. Naturally when I go into the System DSN portion of the Data Connection Manager I cannot find the right ODBC drivers. Any suggestions?

This topic is 5173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.