Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP9 Advanced won't start

This topic is 5159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic but I couldn't find a category that this problem seemed to fit...

When I try to open FMP9 Advanced, I see the initial "loading" screen briefly, and then suddenly the program isn't running anymore. No crash report notice appears. It was working fine earlier today, I haven't installed or updated anything since the last time it opened successfully.

I tried removing my extensions and trashing all the com.filemaker prefs in ~/Library/Preferences. That didn't help. Tried reinstalling FMP9A, still doesn't work. Restarting did no good. Tried opening other FMPs I have installed (85.A, 9, and 10A) and they all opened normally. Switched to another user on my Mac and that user could open FMP9A just fine.

So something specific to one user's setup is keeping just one version of FMP from opening properly. But other than prefs, which I've already trashed, I don't know where to look for the problem. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I found the answer on my own... thought I'd post it here just in case anyone else has the same problem.

In addition to all the com.filemaker items in ~/Library/Preferences, there's a folder called FileMaker Preferences. That folder contains one prefs file for each version of FMP. I deleted the one for 9.0A, and then was able to open the program normally.

This topic is 5159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.