FM Pro6, monitoring database activity

This topic is 5136 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi to all,

I am working to the optimization of a database, the database was created an mainteined by FileMaker6 Pro.

I have to redesign the database because now the database presents performance problems. Let me know how I can monitor the activity of the database.

I would like to analyze the queries on the database , the frequency, the response times of the queries, the list of updates, the relations more involved in the database activity.

How can I do this?

Thanks to all

Flavio

Welcome to the forums.

As you are in version 6, you will need to create another file and create a primary key/foreign key relationship between that and your file.

The new file will log when your main file is opened and closed, by whom, and when. It will also need to log every enterable field to show changes or additions to the data each holds. Every button will include a set of steps to log the action that the button performs, and time, user, etc. Plus log any other activity that you need to record.

You will then be able to run your reports on the database activity, queries from the new log file.

This topic is 5136 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.