Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Advanced: Line Numbering of Scripts and Get(ScriptLineNumber) function

This topic is 4896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I think that Script Maker is becoming enough of a true IDE (kind of always has been and well ahead of some others) so that I think that each of those things in ScriptMaker that you can move Up and Down should be identified as a "Line" (or some other esoterica FMI prefers) and that access (at least in Developer) the Line Number should show. Further, one should be able access the function Get(ScriptLineNumber) as a function.

I already have (and I presume others do) a custom function that throws all kinds of $$session variables when I call it (simpleSessionError()). I have Get(ScriptName), I have Get(LayoutName) and so on. I would like to also include Get(CurrentScriptStack) [previous want & wish post] and Get(CurrentScriptLineNumber) as well.

I think it is time.

(of course, it might be in 11 as I haven't upgraded yet and I am ignorant, but no harm posting this if it is...)

• 8 months later...

I think that Script Maker is becoming enough of a true IDE (kind of always has been and well ahead of some others)

Lol...

As for the Get(CurrentScriptStack) and Get(CurrentScriptLineNumber)... 2 thumbs up (particularly to the second one..)

This topic is 4896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.