Open URL to open Quicktime .mov file

This topic is 5165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I use to go in "Button Setup" select the "Open URL" option, specify the URL using a calculation where I put a field name. In that field name there was a "file path" store. Something like this :)

file:///Volumes/Blabla/blabla/blabla/mymovie.mov

In OS X 10.4, I believe, it use to, I soon as I click on the "button" it would open the file in Quicktime right away. Wich was perfect for my needs. Now, in Snow Leopard, it doesn't do anything anymore. Unless I don't put the actual file name (mymovie.mov) in wich case it bring me right away to the right location, then I need to manually double-click on the file. If there multiple files in the folder, it's not really handy.

P.S: Same thing in mail, if I send a internal link of a movie to someone at the office, if you click on the link it does nothing. If you right click and select Open Link it will bring the finder on the right file but won't open it for you. Kind of annoying . . .

Anyway, if someone know a easy trick for filemaker to open the QT it would be great. I have try the Send Event option but I have fail to make it work using a calculation field to "read" the path of the file.

Thx

Seb

This topic is 5165 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.