Using FTPeek in IWP

This topic is 4796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I can't find informations on how to use FTPeek using IWP. I can upload files using FileMaker Pro with its plugin, but apparently the script doesn't work using the same layout via IWP.

I tried a script to upload from a container and a script to upload choosing a local file. Both work fine in FileMaker Pro.

Is it possible to upload using IWP (and maybe I'm doing something wrong) or not?

Many thanks

You must install the plugin to the FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins folder on your FileMaker server, and then you will need to restart your web publishing engine through the FMS Admin Console.

The Plugins directory may not exist, so you may need to create the folder manually.

Also, you will need an enterprise version of the plugin in order to use it with IWP.

• Newbies

David,

thank you.

Everything was as you wrote. The problem has been solved simply restarting the computer (restarting FMS isn't enough).

Now the plugin is working but I have one more problem.

The problem:

Using IWP it's easy to upload to the FTP server a container field (I used the file FTPeek Open First: it works in Filemaker Pro and in IWP).

In IWP no window to choose a local file appears.

I modified the script to upload a local file:

Set Field (FTPeek_UploadFile( "pippo" ; FTPeek_ChooseFile("";"";"") )

It works in Filemaker Pro, but NOT in IWP.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a way to choose a local file to upload?

Thank you.

PS - I'm using the DEMO version of FTPeek. Does the Enterprise version work differently?

Edited by Guest

Set Field (FTPeek_UploadFile( "pippo" ; FTPeek_ChooseFile("";"";"") )

It works in Filemaker Pro, but NOT in IWP.

The issue here is that the plugin is running on the server and not on the client machine where the user is using the browser. So, doing FTPeek_ChooseFile does not give you the desired result b/c it's happening on the server machine.

You will need to get the file onto the Web Publishing engine server first, then you can use FTPeek to upload the file to the FTP server.

• 10 months later...
  • Newbies

The issue here is that the plugin is running on the server and not on the client machine where the user is using the browser. So, doing FTPeek_ChooseFile does not give you the desired result b/c it's happening on the server machine.

You will need to get the file onto the Web Publishing engine server first, then you can use FTPeek to upload the file to the FTP server.

So this means there is no way to upload a file to an FTP server from a web browser ruining FM in IWP mode ? I need to solve this urgently......please....advise...

Users cannot upload files in IWP, and the browser and scripts cannot access the filesystem for security reasons. The only workaround for this would be to have the users upload files to SuperContainer, and then have a script using the SuperContainer companion plugin load the file from SuperContainer to a temporary container field in the database, and then upload the file from the temp container to your FTP server using FTPeek.

This topic is 4796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.