Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Record Level Access

This topic is 5150 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a file that i want to password, I have set privilege sets, The basic privilege set, I have a field that has their name in it and if their name is in the field then they can view that record.

That part of my set works fine, were i am having trouble is I have multiple tables but I just need to be able to edit one table and view one table.

I have one table which is Student and I have another table form, In the Student table I need to only view certain students that relate to a teacher, again that one I have done, along with being able to edit certain fields. Like notes and such,

I have another table in which i want them to view the table and be able to edit or create records that relates to their student.

Ok So my calc that i am using is

"Joe Teacher, Speech trainer" = Speech -Student table

"Joe Teacher, Speech trainer" = Student Contact Management::Speech --- Form Table

The records show a no access and I cannot get them to show.

If anyone has the ability to help here.

Thank you in advance

Randy

Edited by Guest

I have a file that i want to password, I have set privilege sets, The basic privilege set, I have a field that has their name in it and if their name is in the field then they can view that record.

That part of my set works fine, were i am having trouble is I have multiple tables but I just need to be able to edit one table and view one table.

I have one table which is Student and I have another table form, In the Student table I need to only view certain students that relate to a teacher, again that one I have done, along with being able to edit certain fields. Like notes and such,

I have another table in which i want them to view the table and be able to edit or create records that relates to their student.

Ok So my calc that i am using is

"Joe Teacher, Speech trainer" = Speech -Student table

"Joe Teacher, Speech trainer" = Student Contact Management::Speech --- Form Table

The records show a no access and I cannot get them to show.

If anyone has the ability to help here.

Thank you in advance

Randy

This topic is 5150 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.