Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMPA 11 crashes

This topic is 5102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On more than one computer running OS 10.5.8 I'm seeing more crashes with FMPA 11 than with 9 and 10 combined. The triggering event seems to be going too quickly to a menu after closing the Manage Database dialog box. It happens both with local files and with ones hosted on FM Server.

Anyone else running into this?

• 2 weeks later...

I am seeing something similar when working in script debugger for long sessions and possibly when jumping between buttons quickly in certain situations.

For example the other day I was trying to align fields for a scripted import with 2500 fields in the source column and when I quickly clicked from creation order to match names and back to creation order FileMaker froze and crashed.

This in on Mac 10.5.8

• 4 weeks later...

It's been happening to me more frequently now. I'm on OSX 10.6.3

It usually happens when I make an adjustment to a layout and quickly click the Exit Layout button to view in Browse Mode. And sometimes when I enter into layout mode by clicking the Edit Layout button.

The part that I don't like is sometimes the file gets corrupted and I have no choice but to recover it. After the recovery process, I noticed that when I open the file again, my main layout is blank. But I see the objects when I'm in Layout Mode. I found out that the reason why the layout is blank in browse mode is because all the parts are gone (Header, Body, Footer). So basically I have the objects sitting on nothing. I had to add the parts, move the objects inside the parts for it to be visible.

This topic is 5102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.