Path to Save Docs on Server 11 from remote client

This topic is 5153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

I couldn't find a post that quite captures my sticking point.

I've had great luck with SuperContainer on a standalone computer. But after getting it all installed onto a MacOSX Snow Leopard Server, running FMS11, while I can log on remotely and get Supercontainer to work, I can't call an appropriate path to get the files to save onto the Server itself.

The connection is going to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5003 (the only port that would actually get to the database from the remote client).

When I log in remotely, if the opening call script goes to localhost:8020, all is well, and files go throughand show up (on my own remote computer). But I tried setting it to the same xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5003 (and various other ports) and consistently get the "Unable to connect; Verify the port number is correct" error.

What am I missing? I need to be able to use the Server as the main file receptacle, and have access to them from wherever....

If I understand correctly

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5003

you're using this for SCSetBaseURL function call. Port 5003 is for FM communication only, SuperContainer does not communicate over this port. If you're running in standalone mode the port should be 8020.

Feel free to call to discuss this further.

This topic is 5153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.