Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Any PKI (Common Access Card) Validation Plug-Ins?

zincb

This topic is 5137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work for a DoD agency and my Filemaker solutions are being challenged by an impending need to grant access based on a user's Common Access Card (CAC), which is a physical card with a chip. The user is asked for a pin, which the card validates (three tries & then the card is locked)and there is some sort of PKI certificate that gets passed?

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Edited by Guest

You might want to engage either of the above - or 360works.com - to custom develop a plugin.

360works does extensive custom plugin work that’s highly regarded (and from what I’ve heard reasonably priced).

I can’t speak directly to Productive Computing or 24U in terms of custom work but they’ve both been in the plugin business for a very long time, are mature companies, and their standard plugin products are rock solid.

We are developing a 'certified' EHR and have dealt with some of these issues. We started with 24U Phidgets as they have a RFID reader, but it's a 'weird' standard. We are currently working with Troi Serial and appear to have a working solution with a HID reader via the USB port.

We have also spoken with a developer about doing out own plug-in. We may be able to pool our resources and make this happen as I suspect we are both looking at very similar requirements.

Thanks,

Joe

This topic is 5137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.