Adding files via portal

This topic is 5140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've read through the documentation of SuperContainers and it is a piece of cake to add a document to a record using the web viewer. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to add a document via a portal to become part of a set of related files of a record. At first glance, because you have to use a calculated field to display thumbnails, it would appear that you cannot. However, with the use of script triggers, I'm wondering if there is a way to add a related document by leveraging the plugin to grab filename and upload it.

Thoughts?

One good way to do this is to use a single web viewer and then use the portal as a chooser for which SuperContainer URL to display in the portal. You can have a portal of records on the left side of your layout, and then one large web viewer on the right. Script the portal so that each row is a button and when you click on a row, the portal changes to display the SuperContainer data for that row.

If you would like to do batch imports you can create a script using a search and the SuperContainer Companion plugin to allow you to, for example, upload a set of files in a directory to the related records being displayed in your portal.

If you need assistance creating these scripts, 360Works is available to help with the process. We can do this for you as a small development project. If you are interested, please send an email to [email protected] and someone will get you an estimate for the work.

This topic is 5140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.