Add Account Script ???

This topic is 5137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have been playing with the add account script step (keep in mind my script knowledge is limited) but I think we are missing something.

I would assume that the step should allow someone with admin rights to add a user using the script.

However, what I am seeing is that you must first enter the persons username and password before you can put it in a script, and then the script will activate the person once clicked.

To me that serves no purpose, and is actually more work, if I am going to do that then I will just do it "Live" and add the person when I am at the computer via Manage/Security.

Is there a method to allow a scripted addition of a user?

Thank you,

M.L.

I would assume that the step should allow someone with admin rights to add a user using the script.

However, what I am seeing is that you must first enter the persons username and password before you can put it in a script, and then the script will activate the person once clicked.

To me that serves no purpose, and is actually more work,

Or non Admin person if properly structured. More work on a one off basis possibly, but wait until you have to add 50 people.

A better bet all the way around might be external server authentication.

Steven

This topic is 5137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.