Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing Portals but hide blank portals

ncsit

This topic is 5108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

I have a database with several portals, I would like to create a report that includes all the portals, but will slide the portals up if they are blank. I know you can slide the portal records up (but not quite sure how to achive this) to hide blank lines, but how do you effectivly hide the entire portal including the header labels if it is blank in the report?.

"how do you effectivly hide the entire portal..."

You don't. You can't. Generally it is advised to print from a layout based on the item table. This can be a problem if you're trying to handle item records from many tables. There are some solutions to this problem though, such as the virtual list technique.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Put the labels inside the portal. Set sliding/Printing to slide it up. The blank portals will not appear at all. The problem is that the labels inside the portal are awful visually.

You can also use more that the page height. Everything will print in one page, as soon as the actual data isn't physically more than than its height. I mean, you can have 10 portals the one under the other, taking 2 or 3 pages and, since the data is few, they will physically print on the space needed.

This topic is 5108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.