Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime app on MAC Os problem

This topic is 5108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have never tried to create a runtime so please accept my apologies if this is a daft question. I have created my first run time (using FM11). It has created a .EXE file which I have run successfully in Windows. It has also created a .APP file which I thought would run okay on my MAC OS (Leopard). However, when I try to execute the .APP file I am getting the error " You can't open the application Invoices.APP because the classic environment is no longer supported". It would appear that I have created a MAC executable but for an old version of the MAC OS.

Please can some kind person put me out of my misery and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks, Craig

This is a file associations issue. It is not possible to create a classic runtime. Try dropping the data file (.USR file) on the app.

The runtime Application file on the Mac ends with ".app" note the lower case, but you wrote "Invoices.APP". (At least it has this behavior under FM 10. I presume 11 is the same.)

My guess is that your runtime configuration was set to change the default extension USR to APP. This may have had the unintended consequence of overwriting the MyDatabaseProject.app application bundle folder with the MyDatabaseProject.APP database file since the default MacOS X filesystem is not case sensitive.

If that is the case, try building the Mac OS X version and using USR as the file extension.

This topic is 5108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.