Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Stacked Column Color Palette

lsmall

This topic is 5059 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a followup to a thread I started below regarding stacked column charts. I had successfully created a stacked chart using the overlay method, but the automatic colour palettes made a mess of the whole thing. At the time, I was just toying around with it, but now I need a solution. There should only be 2 colours across all the columns-no variations in shades. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. The only way I have had any luck is by creating separate charts for each column and sticking them side by side. This is not an elegant solution and rather cumbersome.

Any ideas?

chart.png

OK-So here's a simple workaround. It shouldn't be needed, but it seems like there is no way to specify a single colour for all bars.

The solution is to add an unused second data series. If there are multiple series along the x axis, then filemaker will use the colour scheme to assign different colours to the different series. When it goes to the next data set, the colours repeat. You don't even have to assign a field to the second series, just add it in the chart set up. The down side is that space is left for the new series and the bars become quite thin. But not a huge issue.

Hopefully Filemaker will add customizable colours in an update.

setup.png

Chart_II.png

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

This topic is 5059 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.