What is Included with Developer 5?

This topic is 8742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am considering purchasing FMP Developer 5. Can someone who has it give a run down of what is included? Is Home Page 3 included or is there an updated tool similar to the FileMaker Connection Assistant? Is there an updated version of the CDML tool that was included in FMP 4.x? What do the new XML tools consist of? How extensive are the included examples and documentation?

Thanks,

Brian

------------------

You can go to www.filemaker.com and read about the developer edition, but you may be looking for a personal experience reply, which I cannot provide. I have heard pros & cons about it. Me thinks some of the things in the developer ed. should be in the regular filemaker package. Like the ability to rename a database and have it update all the relevant references made to the DB.

Geod,

Yes, I am looking for "personal experience" type reply. I have read the info on FMP Dev. Ed. at FileMaker's site but didn't find answers to my questions. I am especially interested in hearing about the Custom Web Publishing tools that are included. Are they greatly improved over what was included with FMP 4.x or are they quite similar but add an XML tool? And how does the new XML tool work? Is it similar to the old CDML tool?

Thanks,

--Brian

This topic is 8742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.