Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Viewer to preview field contents

nesor

This topic is 5083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to use Web Viewer to preview the contents of a container field? For our workgroup solution, I'm trying to give users the ability to preview image files and PDFs, specifically.

My solution runs on Filemaker Server 11. I can't find any documentation on how to make this work running a server-based solution.

If it can work, what's the method for "pointing" the web the server?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nesor,

I posted this and then realized you said container field. The method I'm suggesting is if the files are stored on a file server. If its in your budget one option would be to use Super Container by 360 Works instead of using the built in Container field. If you have SuperContainer running on a mac, it'll generate previews for quite a few different file types including pdf. It's a great product.

Hi Nesor,

I'm actually working on something similar right now. What I did was create a text field that holds the path to where the image/pdf file is located, ie: file://Macintosh HD/Users/johnm/Desktop/FA06405.pdf, then in the webviewer just enter the field name. I'm able to get it to resolve on my desktop.

The issue I'm running into with pdf files is you get the preview app tools showing up in the webviewer window and I'm trying to find a way to turn those off as well as getting the web viewer window to slide.

Regards,

John

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.