Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing past right margin?

kiwi_chris

This topic is 5102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I have a pilot's logbook database that I've decided to add a report for 'logbook printout'. It's pretty wide - it simulates the paper logbook pilots copy their entries from into my software.

Anyway, the paper logbook is landscape orientation and two pages side by side - one page for description, route, date etc, and one for a breakdown of the time into categories. There's no way in the world I can fit it on one page, and foolishly I assumed that whatever was past the right hand margin would print on a separate page a-la Excel. Well silly me!!

Any idea how I can get this to print? I could split it into two reports but that's harder to do a simple preview for and will require two print commands that pop up, hard to explain to the users...

It will be a runtime so no chance of doing a pdf and appending a second report to it.

Any other ideas out there in Filemaker-land ???

This is FMA10, will be a cross platform runtime

Thanks all!

Oh. Yeah, that's true I suppose. I never really understood how FM's printing scripts steps worked - say if I have a script that prints from each layout and I tell the second print script step to suppress it's dialog, I thought it would ignore any options the users set in the first print step. Am I making sense?

This topic is 5102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.