Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP10 files to FMP11

This topic is 5079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been searching the forums for a while now but I haven't seen any posts regarding a similar situation. (Forgive me if I overlooked something...)

I've begun using FMPA11 in place of FMPA10 for my FMP10 solutions and I'm getting an error upon opening the files. It says that my FMP10 solution requires FMP10 and won't operate without it. Which is strange because I thought everything was "upwards" compatible. I haven't found any problems in my scripts and it seems to operate okay thus far. Even if it does operate correctly I don't want my clients getting this error.

Attached is a screenshot of the error (for the record it is NOT one of my errors scripted in...)

What gives?

Picture_3.png

Look at the opening script. There is a script step that is verifying the version number as 10, so that 9, 8, etc. will not work.

If the file will not open, and you do not have v10 to modify, then create a new file, and a relationship to the v10 file, and it will open it and bypass the opening script.

HTH

Lee

Ogh, silly me. I swore I didn't have an ApplicationVersion check OnFileOpen because it's been so long since I wrote the file not to mention it didn't sound like my wording....but guess who included that in his code? Sheesh.

Thanks for your quick reply, Lee.

• 2 weeks later...

Which is strange because I thought everything was "upwards" compatible.

Notwithstanding the fact that the error message is a scripted one, it is [color:red]not all all guaranteed that items maintain what you call "upwards" compatibility. Behaviors change, and items do behave differently from time to time.

Steven

This topic is 5079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.