Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker 6.0v4

ppowers

This topic is 5084 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I do not use Filemaker often but I am having a particular problem that I have not found a solution to yet. When I open Filemaker 6.0v4 on a Windows XP Pro SP 3 computer it shows the FM splash screen, all the fonts load, then TCP/IP loads and the status in the lower right corner says 'Successfully loaded', however at that point FM freezes and I have to shut it down using the Close option by right-clicking the minimized window at the bottom of the screen and I get a message that FM has stopped responding. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but that has not corrected the problem. Has anyone run into this situation in the past?

Well, we did have 2 computers do that (out of about 100) with Version 6. Not an issue with Version 11, so far.

The only thing I found was that the local FM setup files seemed to be installed on a network drive, which was mounted on a central server (not the local machine).

We had done this so that our users could keep their "My Documents" Folder on a central server & have it backed up daily.

Somehow, FileMaker was reading from that folder/drive, got a major delay. If you waited long enough (3-4 minutes), it would continue on just fine.

Only an issue with 2 machines. Very odd. Once we replaced the machines, the problem went away, even with "My Documents" still hosted on the server.

Can increase/decrease the FileMaker cache, but I'm not sure it will help. Wish I could help more, it was a major pain.

A re-install of FileMaker would be worth a try also (un-install, install). I don't know if our admin tried it or not.

This topic is 5084 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.