Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dreamweaver UltraDev

Jim

This topic is 8536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have posted basically the same topic in the EvangeList forum and here is the answer I have heard most often. UltraDev was designed for Unix and Windows NT based software only. There is a solution; I've been told to try Lasso Studio by Blue World <http://www.blueworld.com>

I have yet to try it, but it is said to work seamlessly with Dreamwever 3.

Thats Correct "Dwash" about Dreamweaver UD unfortunatly FMPro is not the easiest way to publish a database online. Lasso is a great tool but it is not cheap at all. A Dreamweaver FMPro Studio would just rock but its not going to happen. I was really excited about Dreamweaver UD when it came out and tried right away to use it with FMPro but with no succcess and a big headache. Since JAVA and Mac is not really up to date its very difficult to use Dreamweaver UD on the mac with FMPro. Basically your options are CDML, XML, JDBC, Lasso, or Tango. the problem is that thew first 3 all have issues and the last 2 cost a whole lot of money on top of the fact you need to buy FMPro Unlimited to serve the data file.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by mprime:

Thats Correct "Dwash" about Dreamweaver UD unfortunatly FMPro is not the easiest way to publish a database online. Lasso is a great tool but it is not cheap at all. A Dreamweaver FMPro Studio would just rock but its not going to happen. I was really excited about Dreamweaver UD when it came out and tried right away to use it with FMPro but with no succcess and a big headache. Since JAVA and Mac is not really up to date its very difficult to use Dreamweaver UD on the mac with FMPro. Basically your options are CDML, XML, JDBC, Lasso, or Tango. the problem is that thew first 3 all have issues and the last 2 cost a whole lot of money on top of the fact you need to buy FMPro Unlimited to serve the data file.

I am very happy with Unlimited and CDML on Macs and Windows. Where are the problems?

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by Jim:

I want to make a connection from Dreamweaver UltraDev to FM5. Macromedia says that there is no mac only solution. There must be a way. Any ideas?

I am windows user. I try with Dream.3 UD 1, and the connection was successful. I start to see table and field of FMP database. Actually I don't remember How I did. The problem is that now with Dream 4 and the new version of UD I cannot connect anymore

I think that you american people can have better contact with Filemaker Inc and Macromedia people. Here in Italy nobody hear to us

Mario

This topic is 8536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.