Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Copy Image using Script

dr.crippen

This topic is 5071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am trying to copy a .GIF image that has loaded in the Web Viewer and paste it into a container to store it for use later. It is an image that is dynamic so I need to store it separately. Have tried GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "webViewer"; "content" ), but not had any success in pasting or setting the container to the image.

Has anyone any ideas, or is this not an available function....? I can right-click / control-click and copy the image, but I want to be able to script this.

Many thanks,

Crispin

I don't think you can do this natively in Filemaker, because the image is (likely) not there. GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "webViewer"; "content" ) returns the HTML code of the viewed page - so it contains only a link to the image (or perhaps a base-64 encoded image data).

Hmmm... I did suspect that might be the case.... as I have been able to either copy the name of the image or its URL.

As I am able to 'manually' copy the image using control-click I wondered if there was a way of forcing that to happen?

Crispin

Can anyone suggest a plugin for this? I have tried Troi URL but that doesn't do it (I just text loads of text data, not the image). Image Extractor I cannot locate, but it sounds like it might have done the trick if I could find it!).....

Help!

Crispin

Sadly yooWeb no longer runs on FMP10 or 11, grabit is no longer available, and although ScriptMaster will download files, I am only trying to copy the image into a new container (rather than store the image file in that container).

Having looked all around the web I can see that this is a feature that is quite sought after, and I guess there is no solution that works, so maybe I should put this on the wish list with FileMaker...

Thank you for your help.

Crispin

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I was hoping to have the image viewable in the container rather than just store the image file in the container (whereby I just see an icon and the filename). I appreciate the quality issue you mention, however I'm dealing with a known image size that I just need viewable.

Many thanks,

Crispin

This topic is 5071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.