Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMSA 11 2-machine Deployment on Server 2008 R2 fails

This topic is 5062 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I found confirmation in this forum that installing on win 2008 R2 is trouble-borne for some of us. I think I have a new issue to report:

2 machines with same server OS. All FMSA runs fine if deployed under either environment. Making one the worker (with ports & versions checked & confirmed), the other one the master, works somehow as expected. Exception: have to enter the worker's ip address since it is located in DMZ.

Deployment then works fine. Services on worker get started as expected.

BUT connecting to e.g. FMServer_Sample via IWP fails in a special way: it returns a blank page. That is, no error, but a blank page with HTML header information but no data is returned.

IIS is working with isapi filters and connections enabled and checked.

Using the same constellation, same setting of Firewalls etc. but having both machines on the same network works fine. It seems that this deployment does not work via any kind of routers??

I am puzzled and the client is getting nervous, has any of you an idea?

thanks in advance from beautiful summer in very northern hemisphere,

Volker

Anonymous access turned on in IIS?

Thank you, Steven,

(in fact, I thought I was on this forum, but needed to re-enrôle)

yes, anonymous acces is on. We can get to the main page through browsers; we can even enter /fmi/iwp which usually results in the IWP homepage being displayed. Here we get an completely empty page returned, i.e. the HTML code consists of wellformed html, with header etc. but no contents besides the tags...

Very strange and completely different from any of the problems reported in the forums.

I am having the suspicion that parts of the communication between the servers is not betting back to the worker. When building test installation I could construct a situation, where the worker sends the request to the master (...?-dblinks...), but did not get a response. This resulted in the IWP Homepage displayed, stating "No databases present". To cure this, we made the absolute IP-address available to both worker and master, making sure the master's 'selfconception' of being a.b.c.d was shared with his worker partner.

This off course puts extra burden on the construction of DMZ and is not the case for the client. We only have the communication establish via dns-names, resolved to the respective addresses.

Perhaps I could clarify the problem a little.

Regards

Volker

Thank you Wim for chiming in!

Yes, IIS seems to work ok. I put a .php test file into wwwroot and the response shows the FileMaker deployed PHP engine working.

No, no other sites. The server is solely dedicated as a WPE companion to publish an interface to the organizations' scientific publications.

Volker

This topic is 5062 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.