FileMaker Runtime v9 and eMac

This topic is 5040 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I distribute autonomous solutions generated under FMP 9 Advanced. A user tells me he cannot use on his two eMac. The minimal configuration (Mac OS X 10.4.8 Computer Mac with processor PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Mo de RAM) seems however respected even exceeded.

In the afternoon I went on the eMac of a friend (10.4.11 / 768Mo Ram) and I met the same failure (see Image1). The reading of the information gives me Image2)

The solution requires Quicktime and Flash (for some plugins) which seem to me normally on the machine.

What components could be absent? Have you ideas to solve the problem ?

Thanks

Noël

Image_1.pdf

Image_2.pdf

What program is generating these error messages: an installer, the FMP 9 runtime, or something else?

eMacs originally came with Mac OS X 10.1 and MacOS 9.0!

Hello,

I asked two persons having eMacs under Tiger 10.4.11 to try the application.

For one :) a message "GestBCD2009 left unexpectedly" followed by 3 choices Close/Report/ Relaunch. I join the report if someone can find a solution !

For the second : same system, same amount of memory an no problem !

Hope in your advices !

Noël

Rapport.txt

My best guess is that something about the ScriptMaster plug-in is causing the crash.

Your crash report looks pretty similar to this one.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/346482/

Try having your users remove the ScriptMaster plug-in from the Extensions folder inside your runtime distribution. Then launch the solution and see if it crashes.

The plug-in suggestion is a good one. It could possibly be different versions of Java on the machines causing problems.

Hello,

I asked my user to try your idea. At the moment I've no answer...

I read the post you refer to ; it seems very similar, but I dont'see a solution : would it consist in a downgrade of java or scriptmaster ; the second is easy, but the first :

Have a good sunday !

Noël

Hello TheTominator,

Your wish is fulfillled : when the SM pi is not present, the application launches without crashing... But this pi is absolutely necessary in my solution because I use a script allowing to get datas from Amazon.

I have a last hope ; the user has a 1.4.2_07 version of Java ; another one with eMac has the 1.5.0_16. I told the first to try an update...

I'll come back when done !

Friendly

Noël

This topic is 5040 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.