Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Color field will not print to PDF

This topic is 5031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I created a field called "background color" that is conditional. So if a company is a current customer, this field will be solid green. I placed this field behind several other fields so that the entire row is green ( or other color depending on condition ). On the screen, everything is perfect with the color, but when I print to printer or to PDF the this "Background color" field does not print. In otherwords, the background is green on the screen just like I want it but it does not print to printer or PDF like is shown on screen. I also made sure that the color field is not touching any border that may prevent it from printing. I even experimented with reducing its size to check to see if that was a problem. No change. Can someone help?

Hi! :laugh2:

I use conditional rows all the time and it prints to printer and pdf just fine. Why are you using a FIELD for this? Unless it is a table, a field isn't needed (text or buttons will not show in table rows). I wonder if it is a version difference. Please try this:

Select your text tool and draw a rectangle then type a single space in it. Attach conditional formatting with your criteria, something like:

CustomerStatus = "Current"

... and select a fill color. If your field isn't a calculation, it wouldn't work anyway but it's best to eliminate an extra field when possible and just use text or button for conditional row indicators etc.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.