Installing Filemaker

This topic is 8554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

The company that I work for is interested in web enabling various databases. Our web servers are Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0 with NES 3.5.1 installed. The operating system on the server is Irix 6.4 (Unix).

Does anyone if we can install and run Filemaker our current system or would we need to purchase a new server or operating system. I am not a server/operating system techie so any help would be greatly appreciate!

quote:

Originally posted by kochi65:

The company that I work for is interested in web enabling various databases. Our web servers are Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0 with NES 3.5.1 installed. The operating system on the server is Irix 6.4 (Unix).

Does anyone if we can install and run Filemaker our current system or would we need to purchase a new server or operating system. I am not a server/operating system techie so any help would be greatly appreciate!

Filemaker runs on WinNT and MacOS. You would would need one of those systems to actually run FMP.

If buying a new system for this, I would suggest a Mac as they require significiently less maintainance and setup than a WinNT system. FMP works over TCP/IP anyway, and file sharing should not be enabled.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.