FileMaker and Ceedo

Hijack

This topic is 4966 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone successfully installed FileMaker (any version) within Ceedo (www.ceedo.com)? Ceedo is an app virtualization framework that allows you to make many applications portable. It's kind of like U3 technology except that you can try to virtualize any app install onto a USB device for portability and not just apps made to be portable. Ceedo intercepts reg writes and keeps them in their own hive which is integrated into the main User and LocalMachine hives when the Ceedo framework is running.

Anyway....

The main FM install goes fine in Ceedo but when I run FM it never displays the interface. I can see the FileMaker Pro.exe thread running but nada on screen. I'm thinking that maybe Ceedo isn't seeing the initial user ID dialog that FM throws up on first run as being part of the main thread so it isn't showing that on the console which then hangs the whole start up process.

Anyone have a suggestion of any kind? It would be really nice to be able to install FM to a USB stick and take it anywhere I need it without always having to install it. Any FM command line options I'm not aware of I might try to solve this issue?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Just a follow up FYI re: FM app virtualization with Ceedo. After posing the problem to the Ceedo support staff they were able to fix the issue and FM can now be successfully virtualized with Ceedo (www.ceedo.com). If anyone is looking for a good infrastructure to make FileMaker portable, Ceedo is a good choice for that. Gotta love FM on a stick! Well, USB stick.

This topic is 4966 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.