newbie question about IWP setup

This topic is 5043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey everyone!

This is my first post, so first let me just say Hi and thank you all in advanced for your help and advice.

Getting to the point, I'm trying to to start up IWP for my company's FM DB. Forgive my lack of terminology but basically we're trying to figure out how to publish specific tables with out making the whole DB viewable online. How would we go about this? Am I asking the right question? lol.

Thanks again!

I think you're asking a great question!

Learn all you can about Accounts & Privileges. The effort you spend on security will likely reduce the amount of coding you would do, otherwise.

Next, take a long look at the list of Script Steps that are NOT available under IWP. Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, scripting for IWP can make your life difficult. Your existing scripts will almost certainly need to be edited or completely revised.

Finally, study FileMaker's "Help" about anything pertaining to web publishing. There are many subtleties.

That's a lot to do, but it will help you better determine if web-publishing is right for you.

Best of luck!

This topic is 5043 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.