Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Best Email Client to work w/ FMP

Jason Weaver

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everyone,

I am a FMP newbie, and trying to find the best email client/software for our needs.

I am building a database in FMP11 (Mac OS 10.6), and I am wanting to send out a weekly newsletter that will include photos, titles, and short descriptions of all articles posted that week. They can then click 'Read More' to bring up the full article on the website.

Additionally, I want the emails to have a constant header and a left and/or right column where special offers and announcements can be placed.

The best solution will of course need to work with FMP11 and Mac OS 10.6, and be canspam compliant.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Peace,

Jason Weaver

Kansas City

Hello Jason, welcome to the forums.

You will need a plugin, as html is not supported natively in FM's Send Mail functionality.

There are several, and I've used a few. I didn't really prefer one over the other, they're all good and come from companies that provide excellent support.

Download some demos of the plugins and play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Thank you so much for your reply!

Would you please elaborate on which plugins you have used (assuming they work on Macs), and why you liked them?

I am having a terrible time trying to find info on an email software that will work on a Mac, play well with the FMP database, and allow me the creativity to make a professional looking email.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Jason

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.