Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Charting in a list view

jhomer

This topic is 5024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an odd issue with charting on a list view.

We have a capacity file that looks at several outside files for data and computes a % capacity for manufacturing for the day.

We had been generating a graph like graphic using |||||| characters (1-100) without issue for years.

When we upgraded to FMPA11 in an XP environment we utilized the new charting tool to replace the old homebrew model.

The layout in question is a list view layout, each record represents a work day and has a chart to display capacity. all values used in the chart are local to the table.

The issue: When i navigate to the layout in question, it seems to grab a hold of a lot of resources on the client. We noticed the behavior when a user performed an parsing script (in another filemaker db)that usually takes less the 10 seconds to run, and after viewing the list of charts, the task took in upwards of 6 minutes.

This is repeatable on all of our clients. The resource chew is only initialized when viewing that particular layout. If I view a list layout that instead displays a numeric % as capacity all is well.

Any thoughts are appreciated...

This topic is 5024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.