IWP reveals record 0 when hitting back and forward in browser

This topic is 5033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

See also topic #174670 (of March 2006 !).

My solution has a button that calls a script which includes a find. If not exactly 1 record is found , the script is ended without a result, the button is in effect ineffective. When 1 record is found (the most likely outcome) this found record is displayed in a relevant layout. So far so good, no problems in IWP.

BUT when the user hits the back and forward button of the browser a very strange thing happens: instead of the found record, another record is displayed, one that never could have been found with the find criteria in the script.

The status bar (normally suppressed in my IWP solution) reveals Record 0, of course that one does not really exist. This process is repeatable with all known browsers on both MAC and Win platforms.

In topic #174670 it is suggested to open the IWP solution in a chromeless window, but the program I use to kick off the IWP session (Magix Xtreme Web Designer) has only the possibility to attach a link to the button (like http://85.151.47.45:591/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=dbname&-loadframes).

So, my question is: does anybody have a solution for this problem or can anybody tell me how to open my IWP solution in a chromeless window within the limitations of Magix.

Thanks very much !

This topic is 5033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.