Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Best route to upgrade from FM3/4

This topic is 5014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

I am running a basic invoice database and another contact database, which open on both FM 3 and 4 running on my old Mac under classic.

Now I have a newer mac which runs 10.5.8 and I would quite like to migrate my databases so I can boot them up on this machine - which doesn't run classic. Having them on two machines is becoming a pain!

If I buy the lowest version of FM that runs on OSX (I don't think I need the latest bells and whistles), could I then open these files and convert them to that version of FM successfully? O

Or do I, as I have heard, need to go via an intermediate version of FM - and if so, which version(s)?

Could someone kindly advise my upgrade path? And apologies in advance if this has already been covered.

Cheers

No intermediate version required or advised. No point in using an older version - not available for sale anyway. There are some things to look for such as file references and absence of commits in older version, when converting to any .fp7 version and you might be wise to get a little help with that.

But certainly you can just try a direct conversion and see if you find problems.

This topic is 5014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.