Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Field Values

This topic is 5015 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

: Can someone Pleeeease help me? I have created a database for a car show. In one of the fields I want to be able to put the space # on the blvd. I got that! Now what I want is to NOT assign that space to any other person, and I REALLY don't want to use a value list because there are over 350 spaces!!! For example...If I add John Smith space #369...I don't want to be able to give anyone else space #369. If I give them that space # I want that field to NOT accept it. Is this possible and how do I do it if it is?:

I have taught myself how to use this program so I don't know a whole lot. But I would be soooooo greatful for any help!

Hi Banditmom, and welcome to the forum.

over 350 spaces!!! For example...If I add John Smith space #369...I don't want to be able to give anyone else space #369.

How often do these spaces turnover. Unless these are burial plots, I would expect that these spots are going to turn over.

Take a look at Bookings system by Ray Cologon at Nightwing Link

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

Thank you for your response. LOL no they are not burial plots but we only do this once a year...so it would stay in place for an entire year. It sounds like my best solution is going to be the value list...but it will still allow me to put it in multiple times. :) Thanks again for your help and I'm going to try your link!

This topic is 5015 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.