Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is this confirmed?

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

That is not a security hole. It's not bypassing any security because it is restoring a previous state. It is, however, a new behaviour that is required by the iOS development standards, so it's not going away.

It's completely solved if the database is closed before leaving FM Go: to close the file, click the [[]] window widget and click the Close All button. User's won't do that though, because it's too hard. So we'll have to get used to the fact that the sessions can be interrupted and resumed.

I think for that issue, it shouldn't be taken out on Filemaker... if I have a real problem with sensitive data, than I would design a button to log out or close all files with 1 button from with in the database. I have a few databases that are in no need to be that secure. I will walk away and talk to a few of my staff members come back and my iphone went to sleep. I don't want to log in again and find out where I was. So the way it acts now, is just fine.

I think it is up to us, the developers, to come to a new way of programming that works with these limitations. I wouldn't want an exact copy of Pro on iPad since a new format will allow us to go places we could have never seen. Going lighter, more mobile. Creating scripts that are lean and mean. Handle the heavy work on the server side now (I started using this a few months ago and love it). It is a new paradigm shift for us and I welcome it.

A good example of this is the video and sounds in containers. I am new moving into Youtube and putting browsers into more layers. This has now let me do some fun things with media. Youtube's setup for iPhone things look great... just like it was made for the mobile system and when you launch the video, it doesn't hibernate (at least the tests I did) FM Go. I returned right back where I left off.

I think we are going to see some really cool designs and ideas coming out with this FM Go thing. In many ways it is making me really want a simple client desktop system for filemaker, too.

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.