Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ApertureToFileMaker help

Lyo

This topic is 4993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello!

I'm new using FileMaker and Aperture but I want to import my pictures into a FileMaker database and someone mentioned this plug in.

I installed it but I can't connect to my, or any, database. I open the FileMaker file and turn JDBC sharing on and give Access to all users (It's a test). I don't know if I'm missing something since I really don't know anything about servers or sharing.

I'd really appreciate any help. I can't find any support or tutorials for this plugin online.

This is an Aperture plugin, not a Filemaker plugin, and support including tutorial video is available through Ubermind, the plugin vendor.

http://www.ubermind.com/products/aperturetofilemaker.php

You might also want to provide more detail about what you are trying to accomplish and your whole setup. Why do you want the images in FileMaker, how are all your users connecting (server? peer to peer? Instant web publishing?) What do they do with the pictures?

• Newbies

Thank you very much for your help. I saw the Ubermind video Tutorial but there seems to be a problem with the plugin using Snow Leopard.

At the moment we're just building a private database, so there're no users connecting through servers or anything like that.

It's a plant database so I want to import the pictures of each plant with all their metadata. The metadata includes the number of the collection which we use as a serial number to lookup the plant species, location, etc. I thought this plug in would be an easy way to do this but I think I can get around it without using Aperture at all.

Again, thank you for your help. If you have any other tips for me I'd appreciate it.

This topic is 4993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.