Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to pause while AS runs?

This topic is 4986 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to have FM run an applescript then wait for the script to finish before continuing. I tried using "Pause Script" but then it's the problem of waiting to long or to short depending on server traffic, memory, blah, blah...I also tried running the script using "Send Event" and run the script as an application (only because of the Wait for Event feature) . It lets me choose the script/app in the finder but it does not carry into the "Send Event" Options.

I know there has to be a way to do this but I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Newbies

That's a good idea but I'm not sure if it will work (or I don't know how to do it yet).

A little more info: My FM script is populating a form. The FM script clears old data, goes out and touches our main database program(using Applescript), translates that info into usable data, then fills out the form.

Can I go from starting an FM script, use that to start an Applescript, then use that to start a new FM script without leaving the FM page I'm on?

This topic is 4986 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.