Data from linked table won't show up automatically....?!?!

This topic is 5005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there!

I have a question regarding IWP and related tables and I could not find any answer on the net. This is my first post here on this forum and I hope this topic has not already been discussed. If so, I am sorry about that. :P-/

I built a database with several related tables. Everything works great when using filemaker, but when I connect to the database through IWP, here's what happen. One field (let's call it field 2) is supposed to fill automatically depending on the entry in another field (field 1). Data for the automatic entry (field 2) comes from a related table. In Filemaker, when data is entered in field 1, data in field 2 is automatically updated. However, when connecting through IWP data in field 2 does not show up automatically and the field stays blank, unless I click on any button anywhere on the form: then, the correct automatic data shows up.

What should I do to have the automatic data showing up automatically without having to add a button (eg, a button that I would call "validate") that people have to press for the automatic data to show up?

Thanks,

Herve

This is expected: auto-enters do not work until the record is committed, and in IWP this requires running the Commit record script step in the database and not changing fields in the browser.

Remember, FMP has no idea what's happening in the browser until it communicates back to the server.

This topic is 5005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.