Server Maintenance This Week. ×

gkr-security

This topic is 4971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i am shocked before release of 11 i said database unsafe i saw runtime i thought its safe , recently i got thought full access privleges set account with runtime safe i checked boom its unsafe ---- we can know admin account in runtime solutions too. obviously people will say remove admin account i think it wouldn`t be right advice :

A runtime has neither less nor more security than the full FMP client: a run-time is simply a cut-down version of the client. The runtime is NOT the database itself but he application that opens it.

managing databases,value lists ,and editing layouts ,isn`t possible in runtime solution logged in with admin account i didn`t understand why in runtime with standard

menu sets with full acess i coudln`t manage or edit my runtime database--- if this isn`t possible why did fm developers keep the option remove admin account

in developer utilities when it useless in runtime (exceptionally). : can anyone clarify my query if am wrong plz forgive me because i am new user to fm

if i am wrong can anyone give me the solution please

The runtime does not allow define fields and scripts, correct. Thus the fact that it is a "runtime".

The database that is paired to the runtime can be opened at any time with a normal copy of FileMaker Pro, and if opened the fields and scripts etc can be edited.

Removing the full access account from a runtime means that the structure cannot be edited, and it will not be possible to see inside the file to see how it works, which offers security for the protection of the file's IP.

This topic is 4971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.