Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Civility

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Civility (noun) - by my dictionary is defined as formal politeness and courtesy in behavior or speech :P I hope we can treat each other with civility and respect.

I have been reading posts (and been receiving reports from other readers) and the I can't but help notice the banter, has elevated to a full on sparing match between members - throwing around slight insults and innuendoes, this is not conducive to a collaborative community.

I am urging that people start to be a more cordial with each other, stop trying to monopolize a thread. I know that many sincerely and eagerly volunteer time and effort to read the posts and try to guide other members away from pitfalls and costly mistakes - but what good is it when you stick your foot out to trip another member, by unkind words or irrelevant posts that go off topic just to try to get the final say.

I have come to know many of you, that you are sincere in helping your fellow member learning about FileMaker and solve their issue and YES there is more than one way to solve an issue, and some are rather passionate on their technique or at least passionate about advocating the collective 'standard'. However the sometimes the best way to learn is by making a mistake.

When you post you need to ask yourself before you reply — "Am I contributing to the knowledge of the community or is my post "flame-bait" to show off my personal view or skill?" And there is nothing wrong with being humble and admitting to a mistake.

[big]"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"![/big]

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.