Copying Repeating Fields to Text Fields

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to bring a FlieMaker file in to ACT. The file contains a repeating field for telephone numbers. I've tried different methods of bringing all of the telephone numbers in to act and also in to other file formats. The best we can do so far has been to get 3 seporate records, but we need to get all 3 phone numbers on the same record. We have the names to bring out and manipulate in to almost any filetypes. Any suggestions?

quote:

Originally posted by BHWEH:

I am trying to bring a FlieMaker file in to ACT. The file contains a repeating field for telephone numbers. I've tried different methods of bringing all of the telephone numbers in to act and also in to other file formats. The best we can do so far has been to get 3 seporate records, but we need to get all 3 phone numbers on the same record. We have the names to bring out and manipulate in to almost any filetypes. Any suggestions?

Break your phone number out of the repeating field in Filemaker prior to bring the information over to act.

The easiest way is probably to setup 3 calculated fields using the GetRepetition (repeating field, repetition number) function.

Then you can export them as seperate fields.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.inthescene.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.