Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 4944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I feel the answer is right under my nose, but can't find it, also searched. Hosting several IWP databases where I'd like folks to go straight to the database and bypass the "Open database.... with: Guest Account" screen. Guest access is read only, with no password. If I use the database URL after I log in, a later session still takes me to the authentication page. What's the trick?

Thanking anyone for feedback.

(Advanced Server 10 on Snow Leopard Server)

Edited by Guest

Fore there to be unchallenged access to the database via IWP, the Guest Account must be the [color:red]only Account with IWP access. It will then work as you want it to do when a user clicks on the link. You can also bypass the page where the databases are listed if you desire.

HTH

Steven

Hi, thanks for the prompt answer. Seems like it would be a nice feature to have. I think I remember in the real old days, and correct me if I'm wrong, you could put a username and password in the URL and it would take you straight to an IWP database without bringing up the log-in screen. Any way to make that work now, with databases that have both admin and read-only iwp privileges?

I don't recall this behavior. Microsoft closed a similar sounding security hole in IE several versions back (IE 5 maybe?).

If the Guest Account is enabled, and if it is the only IWP account, you can go straight from a link to the IWP accessible hosted file.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Fore there to be unchallenged access to the database via IWP, the Guest Account must be the [color:red]only Account with IWP access. It will then work as you want it to do when a user clicks on the link. You can also bypass the page where the databases are listed if you desire.

HTH

Steven

I posted my own topic, but I guess I can try to get an answer here as well. If the Guest account is the only account that can have the IWP extended privilege, how do I create a login interface for my users? Obviously any IWP user must have the IWP extended privilege but with a requirement of the Guest account being the only account with IWP extended privilege, it seems to be that I cannot create my own login interface and still have redirects directly into my login layout.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

This topic is 4944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.