IWP - Recommendations for alternative to List view ?

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I am trying to publish a database on IWP, but the "basic" viewing environment doesn't suffice.

I was wondering if anyone has found an alternative (in IWP terms) to provide some sort of header/footer to the appearance, either by a portal or a web viewer.

I was thinking of employing a ShowAll portal, but then, how would you implement a search (in multiple fields) function to it?

You can change the screen to whatever you want, but it's best to use a screen optimised for IWP that is separate form the one used by the FMP client. Use a startup script to select the layout based on the application platform.

One limitation is that list view is limited to 25 records... it's interesting that you haven't mentioned this. The is the main complaint with IWP.

I am aware of the 25 records limit.

I have separated layouts per access.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have something that mimics list view in FMP Client/Host environment, together with search functionality.

Ok, I understand I can't have search-as-you-type functionality. I can compromise with a view through a portal (no editing needed), but to be able to perform searches in more than one field of the related table inside the portal. Do you have any ideas for this?

IDEA - I was thinking if it would be worth to develop the following (for IWP only):

1.Have a portal with a Cartesian Join to show all records from the related table,

2. When search is needed, go to a search layout (with all needed fields), perform a find -> capture all the found IDs into an stored Text KEYField -> Go to Results Layout with a portal showing all records that equal the KEYField.

Do you think it is a good solution to the problem, or will it bring other performance issues along?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.