Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS10 on Windows Server 2008 64bit

This topic is 4907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello FMForum, I'm a beginner at this, so please bare with me.

I am currently running FMS 10 Advanced V.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit). (If you need to know, the workstations are running FM 10 Advanced V.3 on windows xp sp3).

The problem is after a install of server it tries to start the admin console but an error messages pops up saying "The database server is not available. To edit the server deployment please start the database server first." I press restart, then nothing really happens for about 30 seconds and then another error pops up saying "Unable to start the database server. Please contact your system administrators for assistance."

This happens every time i try to start the admin console.

The weird thing is that the server is serving files fine, whatever files are in the database folder are showing up and being used fine. The only problem seems to be the admin console.

I have reinstalled multiple times but yield the same problem.

Other info: • Bonjour V.1.0.106

• Java 6 update 7 AND 16 (both are installed)

i do not know if having 2 of those java's installed will effect anything or not.

Also i found out by playing with the admin console shortcut on the desktop that if you make the shortcut compatible with Windows XP SP3 and then try to open it, it comes up with a different error that says "Admin server connection error" "an unknown error has occured"

That could either help a bit or be totally useless.

Please any suggestions would be nice, because i am out of ideas.

Thank you,

Tristan

• Newbies

Sorry, i am still getting the same error.

Here are the programs that are installed on the server.

http://upic.me/show/17242494

I do not understand why its not working. I un-installed everything (java bonjour FMS 10). I then rebooted the server and installed the Java and bonjour then i installed the FMS 10, the admin console failed to open with the same error message, then i installed the updater FMS 10 V.2 and still would not open.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Tristan

• Newbies

it seems to be running on 32bit

Screenshot of the process, they are all *32

http://upic.me/show/17268658

Or am i looking at the wrong place ?

Also i tried entering the admin console through another computer (running windows XP sp3 32bit) and it showed the same message.

[color:red]The database server is not available. To edit the server deployment please start the database server first :)

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

I have resolved the problem. It was a network adapter called IBM USB Remote NDIS Network Device.

It's some sort of software that came with the computer, that seemed to be conflicting with the server.

Thank you both, Old Advance Man and Vaughan very much.

Tristan

• 1 month later...

Just to add some extra input here...I had the exact same issue. Running FMServer 10 with 2008R2 64 bit. Database Server running, but unable to connect with Server Admin on local machine.

Resolved by disabling one of the two network adapters on the server. Connecting to the Server Admin works fine when second Network Adapter is disabled. Re-enabling second Network Adapter makes it happen again.s

For now, I will simply disable the second Network Adapter when I want to log in to the Admin Interface, which is not that often...and re-enable my second adapter when I am finished, since it does not seem to affect the Database Server itself, just the Admin Interface, which I am guessing gets confused as to what adpater to connect to when it launches.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 4907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.