Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Inline Graphic and separate Attachment

This topic is 4915 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi David,

Yes, I might be the "other report" as well. Michael Gaslowitz and I traded emails and files. He reproduced the problem, and said he'd report it to "the developers." He suggested I use all attachments and forego inline attachments until there's a fix.

hth,

Barbara

Any progress on this bug?

The two clients that are requesting inline graphic functionality for their bulk mail process both are licensed for 360 Email plugin already. So, we really want to stay with this plugin.

What sort of image are you using?

I've found one bug where an inline attachment will fail to display if the inline image is a .png file and then the regular attachment won't show up either. Everything seems to work fine with .jpg and .gif files.

Yes, sounds like you found the bug we're dealing with.

What email client are you testing (receiving client)? Michael specifically called this an Apple Mail bug.

For the most part, this must work with .jpg in line and PDF attachments.

• 2 weeks later...

Works, mostly. An attached Word Doc shows up in Apple Mail as a mime-attachment (and looses its .doc identity. It open in TextEdit). An excel .xls also looses its identity and doesn't open.

Edited by Guest

I suppose Friday at 4:45 won't make me very popular with you guys. So, how about Monday. I'll call then.

Edit: btw, testing with the file posted above.

Edited by Guest

Well, David, I'm back. Our new problem concerns an email with two inline graphics and an attachment.

If sent from a PC to a Mac, when opened in Mail, the second inline graphic is a mime attachment. If viewed on a PC using Outlook, it's fine.

If sent from a Mac to a Mac, it's fine.

I need to test sent from a Mac to a PC.

Can you look into this, please?

Barbara

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Can you post your code on here?

One thing I've found is that FileMaker uses open and close quotations when entering text in a text field, which does not work for HTML. If you have written HTML directly into FileMaker you may need to write it in textedit/notepad, remove the open/close quotes and replace them with straight quotes.

I don't have access to a PC today. I'll try again tomorrow.

My code is quite complex. I'm evaluating merge fields. However, I still have Michael's test file and I'll use that for testing tomorrow. If that works, then it's my code.

Thanks,

Barbara

Hi again. My testing seems to indicate that it matters if the graphic (inserted as a file or picture) has an extension. I've been using random clip-art. When I added ".jpg" to the name, the Mac saw the inline graphic fine.

This topic is 4915 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.