Do FMS 5.5 and FMS 10 Play together?

This topic is 4857 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, goofy subject line.

What I have is a client who has a solution in FM 5.5 that has been running in his office forever. He wants to do some new stuff and what I need to know is can FMS 5.5 and FMS 10/11 run together either on the same server machine or on the same network.

They want to use the new version to take advantage of the web implementation, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue and we'd just stick with 5.5.

I know, upgrade the whole thing. That's not an option as that is up to the developer of their main package to do the update.

• 1 month later...

Ok, goofy subject line.

What I have is a client who has a solution in FM 5.5 that has been running in his office forever. He wants to do some new stuff and what I need to know is can FMS 5.5 and FMS 10/11 run together either on the same server machine or on the same network.

They want to use the new version to take advantage of the web implementation, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue and we'd just stick with 5.5.

I know, upgrade the whole thing. That's not an option as that is up to the developer of their main package to do the update.

Hello Atalanta,

You cannot run two of any version of FMS on the same server, but you can run two of any FMS version on the same network. I currently have clients running FMS 5.5 and FMS 9/10/11 on the same network with now issues.

This topic is 4857 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.