Problem connecting a MySQL Database

This topic is 4949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello Everyone!

I got a problem, thing is i just started using filemaker, and the first thing i want to do so is, to setup a Database on MySQL, so i can access it over Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced. I want it that way so i have the DB central on a other server plus i can edit it over Web (Frontend Filemaker and a Website for the customer)

However, now i setup the mysql/odbc driver in win7 64bit, anything is ok, test sucessful and i can see the dbtable etc. The mysql is running and works just fine:

Now when i switch to FM10, it simply can't find my local connection while i try to add a external source....

I made sure that its System DSN entry, i also booted up the pc again but nothing happends, its stimply not there.

I was reading a lot stuff for a while now but getting desperate because lots uf stuff of course is mac, but some tutorials just appear to have the driver installed, so there is no point for me troubelshooting this issue.

I really would be thankfull if someone can hint me in a direction or point the problem, maybe win7 64 bit is not a good enviroment to play with, so that case i would need to try it on xp or else.... let me know your ideas please

thanks

regards

ruy

This topic is 4949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.