Server Maintenance This Week. ×

End users setting up accounts

Jalz

This topic is 4929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Im creating a system which has about 8 modules to it. The plan is to sell this solution as a shrink wrap product. I'd like to add the ability where end users have to enter in usernames for members of staff to access certain modules.

My solution is based over three files, created with FMPA 9, I've now upgraded to 11.Im trying to avoid creating a username and password fields within my database and creating roles/privileges that can view delete etc (I can store the passwords as an md5 hash as there is a custom function for this). Anyone have any example files/documents I can look at to see how they allow end users to create their own accounts. Im basically trying to create a system where they dont have to call a developer to add change edit accounts, yet have the flexibilty to ensure each user can either create, delete, veiw or not view records.

Many thanks to all that respond

" I'd like to add the ability where end users have to enter in usernames for members of staff to access certain modules."

Rather than Accounts and Privileges Sets?

You can script Account Creation and Priv Set Assignment, but you cannot script new Privilege Sets (which, given the need to define their settings, wouldn't make sense).

There is a very detailed article (requires subscription) on scripting Accounts in FM Advisor by Doug Gardner (Web Edition: 2006 Week 10, Doc #17679)

This topic is 4929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.