Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hiding Tabs

Tor

This topic is 4911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to create a medical database for my Emergency Department. I have very little experience with FM Pro Adv 11. I have been using Lynda.com and this forum to answer my question, with little success.

I am trying to construct a dynamic form, that changes the questions asked depending on answers given earlier on in the questionnaire.

I have created an example (attached) -nothing related to my database.

How would I get the >Fruit< and >Dairy< tabs to disappear if I answered the first question by ticking both >Meat< and >Vegetables< (multiple checkbox field).

Then, within the >Meat< Tab, if I tick >Beef< in the 'Meat options' checkbox, I would like the tabs under meat >Lamb< and >Chicken< to disappear, allowing me to only choose between the options >Sirloin<, >Rump< and >Filet<.

Would this involve complicated scripting, or is it quite easily addressed?

Thanks so much for your help!

Assoc Prof Tor Ercleve

Test.fp7.zip

Would this involve complicated scripting, or is it quite easily addressed?

Well, it depends. To begin with, tabs cannot disappear - but tabs CAN be hidden at all times, and other objects can be shown or hidden conditionally. These objects could be buttons that go to a selected tab panel. However, going about this way is "layout programming" - which means that if your data changes, you need to make substantial modifications to your layout.

A better approach would use the data itself to drive the display - see, for example:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/364244/

This topic is 4911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.