inventory database

This topic is 8615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

Yes.

(Do you have a little more description of what you are trying to do?)

wink.gif
-bd

I need to develop a database that will allow me to track hardware, software, and licenses. does that help at all?

quote:

Originally posted by lbg:

I need to develop a database that will allow me to track hardware, software, and licenses. does that help at all?

The kind of help we would give you really depends on what your level of experience is.

For instance, if I were to begin making such a database, I would probably have files for: Employees, Equipment, and Software. Equipment would have every kind of hardware assigned to an employee, such as CPU, Monitor, etc., and would be assigned to an Employee. So you could see all of the equipment that an employee has.

The Software database would include information such as Publisher, Title, Version and Licenses. This would be related to the Equipment so that you could see all of the software that is installed on a particular CPU. Available Licenses would be calculated by taking the total licenses and subtracting the number of related Equipments.

But this is only off the top of my head, and someone else might have a totally different way of thinking about how to structure the system.

Does any of that help?

Chuck

This topic is 8615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.