Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ESS connection error

This topic is 4917 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm reposting this here because I have no answer in FM TechNet.

This is a reply to someone else's problem in TechNet. No one has answered either one.

Gary

---------

This is exactly my situation, with the following variations:

-SQL Server 2008 on Windows 2008 Server (not under my control)

-Filemaker Server 10 on Windows 2003 Server

-Microsoft SQL Native Client 2007.100.2531.00

-FilemakerPro 11 running on machine hosting Filemaker Server can easily Import files from the source SQL Server. But it cannot get the ESS connection set up to the same source. My error is the same as his.

Gary

----------

I'm trying to access MS SQL Server data through ESS and am receiving an error from FileMaker Pro that the account and password entered cannot be used to access the file when I try to add a TO from the external database.

The FileMaker database is hosted on a Windows 2003 Server running FileMaker Server 11. The MS SQL database is on an older server (Windows 2000 Server) running SQL Server 2000.

I was able to add a DSN and everything tests O.K. from our FileMaker Server machine if I don't use the SQL Server authentication for setting up the DSN (first two graphics on attached). However, when I try to add a TO for the DSN from a client machine (FileMaker Pro 11) connected to the FileMaker database I get account and password error mentioned above.

If I attempt to use the SQL Server authentication when defining the DSN the login fails (third graphic in attached) and the DSN can't be established.

The problem certainly seems to be with the SQL Server configuration, but I know pretty much nothing about that. I did manage to get into the database (it serves a small web site for us) and add my Active Directory Account as a Windows user giving it pretty much wide-open access to the database. I also attempted to log in using the account and password we use for managing the system via an ASP web site. I tried both logins from the FM Server setting up the DSNs and from FileMaker when adding a TO to the database. No luck.

Is there something obvious I could be missing?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

This topic is 4917 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.